Thursday, September 17, 2009

Bad news...

I got a letter from Jereme today. He could really use some prayer right now as things aren't going so good. Last week several guys from his platoon got caught with a bunch of candy in their lockers. This is not ok for many reason and the whole platoon is in huge trouble. They got set back to red phase (which is the first phase they started on) and the drill sergeant is recommending to the captain that the whole platoon be recycled. What that means is basically they start at day one all over again, and it will be another 9 weeks before they graduate. We thought we were half done, now it may not even be close.
We don't know anything for sure yet, but they did get phone privileges away and now he can't even call to let me know. I hadn't bought our plane tickets yet because I was waiting for my bank card. I just got it today, thankfully I got the letter today as well. I can't buy tickets till I know for sure that he is going to graduate...
Be praying for him. He says this is the most depressed he has been since he left. The kids are so excited to go on a big plane and see them and I don't know how to tell them it is going to be even longer.
The hardest part of being a military wife is the not knowing what is going to happen.....

4 comments:

  1. Oh no!!! What terrible news!

    Keep us posted on how it pans out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least the kids won't really notice that it is longer. That is the beauty of them being so small. They don't really know what dates are.

    Hopefully he doesn't have to start over again.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like one tough drill Sargent.

    When all around us seems desperate, we can cling to the fact that God is in control.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's too bad that some of the guys chose to make a bad choice and all of the guys are paying for it. I hope the ones who chose to mind the rules "help" the others hold the rules completely so this isn't an issue. It really is important to fallow rules exspecially in the line of work they are trying to get into. Noone wants fights, but they all need to fallow the rules not just the "good" guys! I hope your husband finds hope in knowing that this season will, eventually, be over. I pray for your famly's sake, they don't get recycled, but if I were the platoon leader or drill sargent it would be awful tempting. Just depends on what side of the leadership you are on at this point. Know that God loves you and will give you the strength you need to make it through this time of seperation and He will comfort your heart...let Him take care of you. *smile/sigh* It's hard now, but remember Jeremy will graduate and this will be behind you. You know he will make it though. Keep praying and be comforted in the truth that God loves you and your family very much! Blessings.-me-(Mommy of two little blessings)

    ReplyDelete