Thursday, September 24, 2009

Tickets!

So Jereme had better not mess up now cause I just bought plane tickets, reserved a car and a hotel. We leave Late at night on Tuesday October 13th, and get to North Carolina early Wednesday the 14th. We will get our car and drive to Columbia, South Carolina where our hotel is, get checked in and hang out for the day.
Thursday morning we will get up early and get the kids ready to go see daddy. My mother in Law is going with me so that will make things way easier. Once there we will go to a reception sort of thing where we can look around a little and get all kinds of information on being a military family while we wait for Jereme. Eventually we will get to see him and go to some planned activities for "family day" although I don't really know what they are.
It will be interesting to see his reaction to the kids, as well as theirs to him. He hasn't seen them in so long and they have already changed so much. Korinthia was only crawling when he left, now she is walking, climbing, and terrorizing! :)
We will get to spend the first part of the day with him, then he has to go get ready for graduation. That starts at 5... there is a lot of companies graduating, so it may be a LONG day. After that we will be allowed to come back to the hotel with us, but he will have to be back to the base the next morning I believe. Not a whole lot of time, but I am hoping the kids won't be too tired because I want for them to be able to reconnect with their daddy. This has been hard on all of us, but I am a grown up and I understand what is going on, they don't. And since it looks like we won't be moving I feel it is important for them to spend as much time with him as possible.
Our flight returns home on Saturday afternoon, so it is possible that I will drive him to AIT and drop him off. I won't get to stay there or anything, but at least then I will have an idea of what it is like where he is living.
From everything he has said in his letters it sounds like he is doing good and feeling more like his old self. They are back to white phase, although still no phone privileges, but at least they are on track for graduating.

3 comments:

  1. So glad he is back to white phase hopefully you will get to talk before your trip. That would be neat. Although it sounds like your trip is coming up so fast! I hope you all enjoy your time with your beloved husband and that your family reunion goes better than you could ever dream. Have a great day knowing God loves you. Blessings.-me-(Mommy of two little blessings)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for keeping us all informed about what is going on with Jereme and the family. I imagine that it is tough on all of you but God cares for you.

    ReplyDelete