Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Thank you Raven!

First of all, I don't know if you read this Rae but THANK YOU SO MUCH!
The kids and I were Living in a hotel, not a bad hotel, nor was it really nice. It made eating meals hard, and it was just one room, not much of a car to use, and kids going stir crazy.
Then one day I drove the car to post. The thing has a transmission leak, and it doesn't like to go unless it wants to. So it is very frustrating to drive. I get there, we fill it with gas, hang out with Jereme for a bit. While we were sitting there I thought I smelled gas, but since we had just filled up I didn't think much of it.
Jereme had to go eat and we had to head home, so he took off with some of the guys while I buckled the kids and we started to leave. As soon as I backed out I saw that the gas I was smelling was because my car had leaked gas all over the parking lot. I quickly parked and one of the Sgts there told me to get the kids out of the car and yelled for someone to go get "Guenther".
They didn't want me driving the car, but they didn't want it there either.
Not knowing what to do I called Raven. At this point we had never met. We had talked via facebook, and one time on the phone. I only "knew her" because our husbands are friends and are in the same AIT.
She came and followed Jereme, who went and parked the car somewhere else, and then loaded the kids and I in her car. She and her little girl Zoe, and me and my three kids, were one person more than the car should handle. But we managed to make it work with all the kids in carseats. We stopped at my hotel, grabbed my stuff, and she insisted the kids and I stay with her.
Oh one thing I forgot... the night before all of this Lillie was throwing up all night. she was feeling mostly better by the morning, but Malaki and Kori were throwing up all night now. So we sat in the soldiers day room for over an hour while they worked on the car, with my kids throwing up... not much fun. Raven knew this and still had us come and stay with her.
That night her friend Wendy came over with her 4 month old Charlie. We got all 5 kids to bed and were just hanging out, then I started throwing up. All night long.
The next day everyone was feeling way better! We spent about a week at Ravens, going on post to see the boys as often as we could.
Eventually we got our papers signed and got our house here on post. I am so grateful to Raven for letting us stay in her little 2 bedroom apartment with her. While I was there she found out she was pregnant! So it was an interesting time.
She still had to help us out with the car thing, picking up the boys so we could see them, and taking me shopping for food. But finally my car came and we could go from me leaning on her, to being great friends who hung out by choice and not by force! :)
Love you Raven, and thanks again!!!


Zoe has this amazing pink rocking horse, which Kori stands over and waddles around carrying.


So much fun!

Grocery stores are different over here. They don't have Safeway, they have Krogers. And thankfully they have a shopping cart that holds 4 kids AND groceries!
Kori and Zoe Sittin Pretty


Malaki and Lillie take the Wheel (s)


My beautiful little blondie!

2 comments:

  1. Priase God for your Raven! What an amazing way to be welomced into the family. *smile* So glad you have your own home and car once again and glad that you have a new best friend. Sincerely, Mommy of two little blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! That's quite the shopping cart!

    ReplyDelete