Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Adventure? A quick update

So since we got here we bought a car, the transmission isn't great on it, it leaks and is starting to go out... not good. HOWEVER, not bad enough I guess, cause i got it filled the other day, then parked outside of the barracks for a few minutes to say goodbye to Jereme (he still isn't living with us) and when I backed out noticed my car had leaked allover, I thought I had smelled gas.
So The car can not hold more than halfCheck Spelling a tank of gas or it starts to leak.
Not really safe to be driving around with the kids in that thing, so we parked it and Raven came and got me and the kids. Her car is made to hold 5, and with 4 kids in car seats it is interesting. She is letting us stay with her till out stuff gets here, which is so sweet of her.
Thankfully they said the last day they have to get the stuff off the truck is the 18th... so It should be less than a week now, and my car should be here just a few days after that (we are having it shipped) so I should be doing really good soon.
Other than all that we are doing good. We we got to sign for the house and get keys, so we now have a house on post. It isn't perfect, it doesn't have carpet, but it is big (4 beds 2 1/2 baths) and it is ours. Malaki was sad we didn't get to sleep there tonight. He is ready to have his own space as we are a little crammed in this 2 bedroom apartment with Raven and Zoe. The kids have already picked there own rooms. Malaki picked the smallest room right away. Lillie tried to pick the room with it's own potty but I told her that one was mine, so she carefully checked the other rooms and then picked the biggest. It will be interesting to see if they actually sleep in their own rooms or if they end up in the same. They have always shared before. Raven has an extra twin bed she has been trying to get rid of, so she is giving it to us to put in Lillie's room. Now we just need a washer and dryer, a few more dressers, and I would like to get a full or queen size bed to put in Kori's room, so when we have company we can move her toddler bed to Lillie's room and that can become a guest room.
Oh I also want to get a piano now that I have the space for it.
We are doing pretty good in spite of everything, I really miss home and everyone there, but I think that will be a lot better once Jereme and I are able to live together and see each other everyday.
I hope you are all doing well, feel free to email or write, I love hearing from everyone!!!
Our new address is
1838 B Shaffer Dr
Fort Gordon 30905
I will be getting a new phone soon and will try to either keep the same number or get my new number out to everyone somehow. :)
We miss you and love you all! I will post picture when we get more settled in... hmm, that wasn't a very "QUICK" update! Oh well!

2 comments:

  1. Congrautlations on the new home! That will be wonderful! Sorry about the lemon of a car. Good thing God has blessed you with a good hostest in your new fast friend, Raven. To know that the kids are used to sharing a room for sleeping gives you all kinds of options with a four bedroom house. *smile* Ours is four and we have the "master (half bath)" set up as the guest room, though we use the bathroom, the room is set up so when guests come they have their own space to take care of their evening rutine. I think they like it. We have done that since we have been far from family (five hour drive with two potty stops). I am so glad you are there safe and sound and will have to mark your new address in my book. *smile* Welcome to your new home. Sincerely, Mommy of two little blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lillie cracks me up! I don't envy you her teenage years though!
    Hope your stuff showed up today and you can find some way to finally get your car to you. We miss you guys terrible!

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete