Tuesday, January 5, 2010

A little behind? Perhaps... ;)


Ok I know I am way behind, and for now I am not going to try and back track and catch everything I missed. So lets start with now, or a few days ago at least....

And the journey begins.
Jereme came home from exodus on December 17th. Picking him up at the airport was one of the best days of my life. We spent two week together, the army came and loaded up everything in our townhouse, and then on Jan 2nd my parents drove us to the airport.
Traveling right after new years is a very busy time.. we got there and waited in line for a long time before getting our bags checked.
We were able to get passes for my parents so they could help us through security and see us to our gate with the kids.
We didn't have much time so we had to say quick and very tearful goodbyes, Malaki wanted to stay with grandma and grandpa, it was one of the hardest moments of my life. Of course I want to be with my husband, but that doesn't make it easy to leave my family and everything I have always known, my comfort zone.
Once on the plane things went pretty good. Our flight got into the airport a little later than it was supposed to, making us run from one end of the airport to the other to make our connecting fight. Which also ended up leaving late, meaning we didn't have to run the first time, but the we had to run again from one end of the airport to the other at our next stop to make that flight... which ALSO left late. So really we never needed to run, but we did and it wasn't fun. 3 kids, stroller, blankets, carry on bags, and flip flops for shoes.
Anyhow we got there, got a cab to our hotel. At which time he suggested a different hotel. So we spent 2 nights in the first hotel at $69 a night... nothing special, the pool was closed, not many channels on tv and in the middle of nowhere. Then we moved to the suggested hotel, $169 for 1 week. Right by a lot of places to eat and shop. Oh and way more channels so I can actually fine something that I am ok with the kids watching.
Jereme got a car for us, however it has issues (thats what you get for cheap) so I can't drive much till we get it fixed.
Tomorrow at 2:30 we get to see the house we are going to be living in, then the next day we sign papers and it becomes mine.
Our stuff will be here no later that the 18th, so we stay here for one week and if it is still not here Raven (an army wife with a little girl) said we can stay with her.
That pretty much catches you up to now. The weather makes our hair crazy, Lillie's gets so bad it sticks straight out! no one else seems to have this problem, will our hair just get used to the weather?
My parents got a web cam and skype so we have talked to them and to my sister a couple times. If you have skype add us... jenifer.guenther@gmail.com is the one I currently use. We have another one that is mine and Jereme's but he uses it right now. I think it is jereme.guenther@gmail.com
Hope everyone is doing well, we miss you all already! The weather here is beautiful!!! From inside! Blue skies and sunny, then you walk outside and it is 20 degrees! BRRRR! So far no rain though, and always very pretty looking!

Picture didn't turn out good cause my finger was over part of the flash so I had to crop it, we didn't have a ton of time and I wanted to give hugs goodbye rather than try for the perfect picture. We love you and misses you Grandma and "crappa"
Not a great picture... last plane, leaning across the aisle. The kids are in the row behind us, it was a small plane, the last rows, short ride, and they really wanted to sit together alone.
Almost to our new home.
"take my "piscur" mom"
being silly with no grownups!
Kori sat next to me and quickly fell asleep!



My big kids! They are getting so grownup!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the update!! I tried to install skype, but for some reason it's being stupid. Hopefully I'll get it working in the next few days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you are all togher and had safe travel to your new home. Where is it? You said the air is dry and that the first hotel was in the middle of nowhere...but didn't mention even the state. Where did you land your first gig? *smile* Again, I am glad you are all together again. I hear military families are prety welcoming and bond pretty quick. Though your comfort zone may not be there, God is and He will watch over your family.

    I have been anciously awaiting an update from you. Just kept checking back hoping you would have a chance to blog. So busy right now in life to be sure, thank you for the GREAT update! Sincerely, Mommy of two little blessings

    ReplyDelete